Monday, October 19, 2020

A Quilt Shop, and giving some quilts

 Hubby and I are vacation.  On our way to our first destination, we found a nice quilt shop in West Plains, Missouri.  Six Sisters Mercantile is a really nice shop. 

 

Not only do they have a nice selection of fabrics, notions, etc. but they also have several vintage sewing machines on display.

Just a few of the vintage machines

 

They had a cute sitting area in the shop.

I liked the quilted chair

 

They also had several Singer Featherweights for sale.  These are just a few of them.

just a few of the 221's for sale

 

I was good and only bought a piece of backing fabric and an embroidery pattern.

my purchases


My family reunion was supposed to be in Mountain View, Arkansas this week (cancelled due to Covid).  We decided to go there anyways.  Hubby hiked a couple of days while I visited a few of the shops and sewed in our cabin.  Unfortunately, both quilt shops closed since we were there last, 2 years ago. 

Hubby hiked overnight one night, and while he was gone, I had a guest for dinner.



The kitty had ham, cheese and a bowl of milk while I ate my supper.  Then she snuggled up to my feet while I read a book.  Such a sweet kitty!  She came back with a friend another night.


Mountain View is known for picking on the square.  Musicians gather and pick in groups most nights (weather permitting).  We walked to the square to listen.

picking on the square


We drove to Texas to see our parents.  It's been over a year since we saw them.  We were supposed to see them and  attend a wedding and graduation back in May, but everything got cancelled (Covid again).  This trip had already been planned for hubby's 40th high school reunion (another Covid cancellation), but we came anyways.


We got to see my niece and her son, Miller.  Miller has Leigh's disease and can't walk or talk.

Miller and his mommy

I got to give Miller his Mickey Mouse quilt.  Miller LOVES Mickey Mouse!

Jacque, Miller and hubby

Miller with his 2 grandmothers, getting his quilt

*If you want to know more about Miller's journey, let me know and I'll send you to his mother's blog (not that many posts).


I also got to give Rene' her Dogs in Sweater's graduation quilt.  It was Rene's graduation that got cancelled back in May.

Rene' with her quilt


The rest of the week will be filled with family.


14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEW glad you were able to gift those quilts in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to follow Miller's journey. I am so glad that you made the trip to see family. We just returned from NC visiting our daughter. Quilts are beautiful. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are or how to reply to you, since you are a no-reply blogger. Please contact me with your contact info.

      Delete
  4. Looks like an awesome trip. Sorry everything still got cancelled but I bet it is nice just to get away for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many quilt shops are closing. Love your quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we were in the same area--hubs and I were in Eureka Springs, AK. Miller is looking good and happy, bless his little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to be making up for a lot of down time. The quilts seem happy in their new homes, I wonder if I could walked out of that shop with only a bit of quilt backing. Safe travels. friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! They all look so happy with their quilts and glad you got a vacation in there yet! We just have to get creative with all the cancellations eh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw some very wide smiles in the quilt gifting photos!! What more could a maker ask for? If I was to get a 221, I'd get a green one!!! But I have decided that I have enough mechanical devices!!! Enjoy your vacation... and wear your mask... Dr. Fouchi still thinks its a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you got to go. Seeing family is so great and the quilts are beautiful. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. great quilts glad you got to go on a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a fun, action-packed trip!! You got to see and do a lot of neat things. Love your kitty-cat company! Stay safe and enjoy your travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miller looks happy. It is such a shame such a beautiful boy or any child has this disease. Glad you had a good trip. It is always good to get away

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).