Monday, November 2, 2020

More Harry Potter: Project of Doom blocks

 I got these blocks prepped before we left on our trip.  I finished up all 6 blocks yesterday.  These are blocks #16, #17 and #18, so I'm on the downhill slide now, since there are only 30 blocks in the quilt.

I'm making two of each block, since I'll be making 2 quilts.  I used the updated version for block #16, which adds the purple pigmy puff sitting on the far right book.  I also added the dark green fabric to that book for the title.  I will add buttons or applique eyes on the pigmy puff when I add the titles to the books.

block #16

both blocks

I've been adding parts to several of the books, or enlarging the spaces to add titles to the books.  It was fun picking out all the fabrics for the books.  I've now picked out the fabrics for the rest of the blocks that I need to make.  The W-W-W on the case in the block below is for Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, the wizard joke shop that Ron Weasley's twin brothers own. 

block #17

both blocks

I didn't choose the colors very wisely for the potion bottles on these blocks.  I'm thinking of appliqueing around the bottles in a lighter shade when I add the titles to the books. 

block #18

both blocks

I started prepping the next 4 blocks yesterday.  There is lots of prep work before I can start stitching.  



9 comments:

  1. This is quite the quilt and I look forward to seeing both of these finished - going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making progress! Nice to be over half way. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the amount of prep work when each block is so different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to create... all kinds of things, but sometimes the amount of preparation takes all the wind out of my sails!!! I have several projects I want to start, but the preparation is getting in the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look like a lot of prep but you're getting a lot done, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your HP blocks are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on being so organised for your trip and then even finishing them all. I usually try to find something I could take along on a trip about 5 minutes before we leave... haha! And I mostly don't even touch it while away but I know if I didn't bring anything I would want something to do. It's a bit like bringing an umbrella and then it doesn't rain but if you don't, you can be sure it pours.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).