Sunday, June 13, 2021

Happy Sewing Machine Day! and a Request

 Happy Sewing Machine Day!

Here are a couple of photos of a few of my favorite sewing machines.  This one is my most used hand crank.

1927 Singer 15 hand crank

This is my favorite electric sewing machine.

1939 Singer 221 'Betty Sue'

Betty Sue will be getting a workout this afternoon, as I sew several strips of faux piping binding together for some mug mats.

This is my favorite treadle. 

Post WWII Japanese 'Victor'

I've had some of you pray for my nieces son, Miller, over the years.  Miller has a mitochondrial disease, called Leigh's. 

Miller and his mommy

Miller's disease is rare, his sub-set of the disease is even more rare.  Miller has already survived longer than normal, and they are trying to raise funds for research for a cure or treatment. Please check out this blog post from my niece, Jacque.  Any funds contributed will be greatly appreciated, not only for Miller, but other kids with this disease.



6 comments:

  1. Thank you, I will certainly visit that blog post. I am so sorry for Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your machines especially Betty Sue. On my way to read Jacque's blog post. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely machines. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great machines. So sorry about Miller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw look at him grow and as always, love to see his smile! Certainly, YES--prayers for him, his family and doctors and most definitely a cure! So glad he had a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple Featherweight! I thought I wanted a featherweight at one time... Past that now. So sorry about health issues with Miller, I will add him to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).