Monday, May 31, 2021

Weekend Stitching

I've been getting some cleaning and organizing done in my sewing room this weekend.  Despite that, I have gotten some stitching done.  

My husband wanted a little zipper bag.  He wanted one with the zipper slanted.  

zipper bag

zipper bag with business card in it

I wasn't sure this bag would hold what he wanted in it (credit card, DL, $$$) so I made him another one, just in case.

2nd zipper bag

Hubby loves the zipper bag with the slanted zipper.  I lined these with fusible interfacing, to give them more body and hopefully help them take more wear and tear since hubby will be using this as a wallet.

After making the zipper bags, I decided that I needed to organize my zippers.  I have a LOT of zippers.  I started collecting them for a wall quilt that I want to make (it's been on my to do list for about 15 years now).  I also started collecting zippers for the project bags that I make.  I had to divide the zippers up into 3 different boxes: one for smaller than 12", one for 12"-18", and one for 20" and longer.

While organizing (and looking for something) I found a project from many years ago.  My little quilt guild had a sew-in, back in 2016, and made walker bags. The first one I started, I stitched the velcro and the ties on incorrectly.  Instead of fixing the mistakes, I just put that one aside, and made 2 more (properly).  I'd totally forgotten the messed up walker bag until I found it today while looking for something else.  I decided to fix my mistakes and finish it.  I don't have a clue where the pattern is, so I just winged it. 

finished walker bag

Not to bad for just winging it.

Jennifer of Elefantz designs posted a new, free embroidery design on Friday.  Well, I'm making some mug rugs for the Missouri TOGA in June, and thought this design would go with one of the mugs I'd bought for the exchange.  I made the design smaller, to fit the size I wanted.  I've already started the embroidery.

Grace embroidery

I traced this off using Frixon pens in different colors.  The colors will help me remember what threads to use, since I'll be working on this while waiting for my client at his doctor's appointments this week.  It will be easier than trying to follow the pattern.  I'm using part of a cloth napkin that I'd cut the design off of.  No need to waste fabric.

I have other things that I should be working on, but I'm taking a break from those projects.  I needed a change of pace. 

What are YOU working on???



8 comments:

  1. A change of pace is often a nice way to recreate interest in other projects... and have some finishes... unless the change creates more unfinished projects!!! Which lately all I seem to be doing! Making a mess and creating more unfinished things. The little zipper pouches are cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I love the zipper bag with the slanted zipper! What a great idea. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you know me, I am always working on table runners, LOL. A slanted zipper bag- I like it!! I totally get needing a change of pace, and it was nice you could finish up your walker bag UFO, I assume a client might need that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat zipper bag. Isn't it nice to get organized at times? So you know exactly where things are? Yay for finishing the walker bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made a fold up makeup bag for a DIL. I also need to get back into an Irish Chain quilt top that has been languishing while we’ve been doing more outdoor garden tasks. The diagonal zipper on the wallet is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently made a fold up makeup bag for a DIL. I also need to get back into an Irish Chain quilt top that has been languishing while we’ve been doing more outdoor garden tasks. The diagonal zipper on the wallet is really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How productive you are and what useful sewing! Love those little pouches. I love your embroidery...I too use old hankies/tablecloths,etc as the fabric is often quite nice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).