Saturday, May 15, 2021

For All of my Email Subscribers

 (This is a duplicate, since the other post got deleted with the Google blogger debacle yesterday).

Google is transitioning feedburner (how you currently get emails of my blog posts) as of July.  They are closing down the email subscriptions part at that time.

Several different bloggers have been working hard at finding a solution for this (that doesn't cost the blogger an arm and a leg).  Barbara over at Cat Patches found us a solution.  I suggest reading Barbara's blog post, especially the part about your settings.

Follow.it (the new subscription service) will be importing all of my subscribers to the new platform.  Until those new emails start arriving, I'll keep feedburner active (I don't want anyone to miss a blog post).

According to Barbara, there may be some ads at the bottom of each blog post email.  Follow.it has to pay the bills somehow (and I don't want to have to pay a fortune for everyone to keep getting my blog posts, especially since I don't make any money off the blog).

Thank you to all of you who subscribe to my blog.  

*I've added the NEW subscribe by email widget to my blog (right hand side, just below my followers list).  If, for some reason you don't start getting my blog posts from Follow.it (should be with this blog post), then please sign up with that widget.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this link, Cheryl. It's a sign of the times, I guess, that we bloggers need to keep on our toes and stay current with technology. I'll be looking into Follow. It to add on too. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).