Monday, June 14, 2021

Weekend Stitching

 I finally got some stitching done this weekend.  The Missouri TOGA (Treadle On Gathering & Academy) is having a mug & mug rug exchange.  I found several different mugs, then made some mug rugs to match.  One will be for the exchange, and the others will be for sale (funds to benefit the TOGA) in case someone comes that doesn't have a mug & mug rug, but still wants to participate in the exchange.


set for the exchange



front of mug

back of mug

two similar mug rugs

mug/teapot with mug rug

mug rug set

I used a pattern for the embroidery from Jennifer of Elefantz.  I shrank her pattern for the mug rug above, but I just finished another embroidery for another mug rug, that I stitched full size (and in different colors).  I'll show the other mug rug when the binding is stitched down.  That mug rug isn't for the exchange.

Full size on the left (before stitching), smaller one on the right (stitched)

During the TOGA, I'll also be doing a demo on Faux Piping Binding. I learned how to do this from Deonn's blog. I've taught this several times over the years.  I used the faux piping binding on the mug rugs above, but I needed some to show the process, so I have 2 more mug rugs.  

to teach faux piping binding

As a grandma, I've been bad.  I got the quilts finished for the 1st & 2nd grandkids done before they were born, but, with the 3rd grandbaby, I still haven't finished either quilt.  

Fractured Diamonds

I finished the quilt top the end of February, but never got around to basting it.  This cutie was born April 20th.


Well, the quilt is now quilted, and the binding is stitched on one side (the back since it has Minkee on the back).  I'll stitch the binding down while hubby drives me to the TOGA.  
ready to stitch the binding down


I'll get to the 2nd baby quilt (Harry Potter with a castle setting) after the TOGA.  



12 comments:

  1. The mug rugs and mugs are great. What a wonderful idea to make extras! That fractured diamond quilt is right up my alley. I was recently thinking of doing something very similar. I love the colors. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have tons of fun at TOGA, I am sure you will share when you get back, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Have fun!! and finish that binding haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at TOGA. Mug rugs are great. Glad you got to sew
    No sewing for me yet due to broken right ankle. Can not get to sewing room and try left foot.. been repairing an old quilt for a friend
    Few friends are coming to sew at my house to keep me company while hubby gone. Will be good to see them. This is week 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mug rugs. I used to make a lot of them a few years ago. Your matches the mugs so well. I got my 5th Grandchilds quilt finished this weekend. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy for sure! I need to make new quilts for both of my grandkids' beds but other projects keep pushing that back. I figure I have till fall at least (their birthdays) but I need to get on it. Have ideas at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mugs and mug rugs: cute, cute, cute!! I hope you have a great time at the TOGA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is beautiful--I've been doing more of it this year; I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.

    What a happy baby--I love his big grin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the baby quilt.... and life does happen. I am behind on everything... visitors this summer YAY! Kids and grandies here for a visit. They enjoyed the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling baby! I love those mug rugs too. So nicely coordinated with the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those events always look like SEW much fun, Cheryl, with lots to learn, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mug rugs and the mugs are prefect matches. Oh my what a cutie. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).