Thursday, March 24, 2022

Another Finish

I forgot to include another finish.  Last week I made a baby quilt for my cousin's new grandson.  I'll be meeting the new baby on my trip.


I had a kit, and it stitched up quickly.  I followed the pattern except for the binding.  I decided to do faux piping binding instead of regular binding.


I put purple minkee on the back.  The blocks are from a book panel.  The pattern gave instructions to turn it into a quilt instead of a book.  The panel is The Monster Book of Jokes.  The quilting is just simple straight line quilting.

















The quilt is signed (last block), washed and ready for the new baby.
























10 comments:

  1. Just an adorable finish on this one--great and funny fabric..baby will so love this and even when it gets older and can read the jokes...;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And the jokes are cute too. It will be loved especially with purple mink! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Baby quilts are fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great baby quilt glad you will get to meet the baby and give the quilt. I need to get a baby quilt made too,

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just adorable!! The piping binding is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun quilt!! Congrats on finishing up this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilt, and will be a favorite I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a quickie quilt. I'm sure that will be much loved ... and entertaining too. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable quilt and how fun to travel to meet the new baby with your quilt. Safe travels and enjoy.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popping back round as I make blog rounds, waving hello. Are you not blogging? Hope all is well with you.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).