Thursday, December 15, 2022

Christmas Presents, etc.

I finished all of my sewing for Christmas, yipee!  First, I finished 10 placemats, using Pioneer Woman fabrics for my daughter-in-law.  I curved the corners and made bias binding for the first time.

front of placemats

back of placemats

I had 2 different patterns for fabric chalkboards.  I didn't really like either pattern, so I took the parts I liked and made some jumbo fabric chalkboards.  I made 5 chalkboards, but 3 of these are for my grandkids.  

fabric chalkboard with pockets for chalk and eraser

back of chalkboards, with one rolled up and tied

Since I got these things finished early, it gave me time to make some fabric books for my grandkids.  I don't use batting for these, instead I use fusible interfacing.  

4 fabric books

We've been watching Christmas movies several evenings.  I've been working on the Angels Among Us block.  I finished the July block and have started on the August block.

July block

Are you finished with your Christmas stitching?

3 comments:

  1. Nice gifts!!! I especially like those chalkboards and I know kids will love them. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chalkboards too! Might have to file that one away for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun gifts!! I like the rounded corners on the placemats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).