Friday, January 6, 2023

Christmas Quilty Gifts and Fun!

 We spent 2 weeks in Alaska over Christmas with our youngest son and his family.  Anchorage received a little over 4 feet of snow the week before we arrived.

our son's grill on his deck, you can just see the railing over the top of the snow

hubby & grandkids trying to get to the playhouse

middle grandchild trying to shovel the path

our son and granddaughter on the deck (trying to shovel it)

hubby & youngest grandson is peeking out the playhouse

We were lucky with our travel. Other than a 3 hour delay taking off due to frozen water pipes on the plane, we missed all the weather travel woes that happened a few days after we left.


The night we arrived was the last night for the Christmas Extravaganza at our son's church.  There was a snow maze (with 6 foot tall walls of snow), crafts & activities, and lots of fun.  They also had a room with sets to take photos. 

youngest grandson

granddaughter and oldest grandson


all of us (yes, our daughter in law is pregnant with our 4th grandchild)

We had fun making memories and seeing the landscape around Anchorage.
3 generations reading together

granddaughter having fun with her fabric chalkboard

grandkids

on the way to Girdwood

on the way to Girdwood (outside of Anchorage)

My daughter in law made me something special for Christmas.  She changed the color of the machine to purple in honor of my purple Featherweight.
embroider from my daughter in law

My daughter in law took me to 3 different quilt shops while I was there (a 4th shop was closed ;().
I found some great things to buy at the different quilt shops.
all my goodies from the quilt shops

some fun fabrics (FQ's & half yards)

yard or larger fabrics

multi yardage and more ric-rac for the I Spy quilt I'm working on

12 Days of Christmas book panel (my granddaughter kept trying to sing this song the whole time we were there)

silicone oven mitt pattern and extra blank

silicone trivet blank (I think I can figure this one out myself)

bag pattern, frame and zippers for it

this bag is supposed to fit a Featherweight

When I got home, there were more goodies waiting for me.  First, I'd ordered more labels from France.  I'm almost out of the first 100 labels that I ordered a few years ago
200 labels

I also received a gift that came all the way from The Netherlands.  It is a Singercraft Guide. This will be fun to learn how to use. (the link above shows how to use the Singercraft Guide).
Singercraft Guide

up close of the Singercraft Guide

I also had some fun, quilty gifts from a friend.
pot holder & scissor keeper (with ruler)

hot pads

for wiping your hands while cooking

The last I'd seen, since another friend received one last summer and she loves hers.  She doesn't wear an apron, but she loves the towels, so that she can wipe her hands while cooking.  

I also ordered myself some quilty socks.  I got these socks at Sockologie.
quilty socks


This post is already long, so I'll post later showing what I stitched over Christmas and this week.

I will be participating in a blog hop later this month.  I've pulled my fabrics for my project before Christmas.  Now to get started on it.  I'll be having a giveaway with the blog hop.



I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year's!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got lucky in lots of ways, travels, gifts, purchases, spending time with family:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of those "Kitchen Boas) that I made for myself....but I keep forgetting to use it. When I remember, it is very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip! I'm so glad you didn't have any travel problems (delay aside).It was fun to see your son's family - the children are darling. I'm intrigued by the Singercraft Guide - can't wait to see what you make with it! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a nice Christmas! Time with family is always good!!! I just finished the Poppins Bag! Had the pattern and stays since 2019, I know because it was the last fall Paducha show, as well as the last one before Covid. Not my most favorite pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be interested in the Singer craft Guide

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).