Sunday, January 15, 2023

Some Stitching & an Upcoming Blog Hop

I've never shown the blocks I finished while we were in Alaska.  I finished 2 of the Angels Among Us blocks (August & September) except for the buttons, which I stitched on when we got back home.  I've started the October block, but I haven't had much time to stitch on it.

August block

September block

I also made another block for the Women of the Bible quilt.  This is the block for Esther.  It is 15 inches square.  I've now made 6 of the 40 blocks.

Esther block

Squirrel!!!!!  On January 4th, I found a quilt I wanted to make.  It is from AQS.  I found it in the Member's Only section, but it was originally in the May 2019 issue of their magazine.  It is called Peregrine's Compass.


photo of their version

I pulled fabric from my stash (gotta use it up), but I didn't like the light blue I had, and I wanted a light gray for the background.  I switched it to primary colors.  This is my center section so far.  I'm almost finished stitching the parts for both of the flying geese sections, too.

not stitched together yet

I figured that it would be easier to trim it into the circle shape AFTER I sew these parts together.  I'm not looking forward to sewing the curves, but I should be able to do it.

I'll be participating in a blog hop for Villa Rosa Designs.  My day is Monday, January 23rd.  I'll be having a giveaway, too.


I can't show you the quilt I've made, but the top is done, and I've started quilting it.  


7 comments:

  1. Your Angel blocks are so sweet. And your new project, wow-loving those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the Peregrine's Compass and your middle looks great. I wouldn't think the curves will be too bad with a few pins. Good Luck! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive work. Looking forward to your blog hop post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be fine with that big curve. I have discovered that the bigger curves are easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute blocks!! and I like that women of the bible one too - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That compass looks beautiful! I haven't tried one yet but have always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt. Have a few panels that need to be used and this looks like a good way to use them. Jo sent me and so glad she did. Thank You
    jsyoungsurgery@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).