Saturday, January 21, 2023

Emmalynn's Compass

I finished Emmalynn's Compass quilt top.  I renamed it from Peregrine's Compass, to Emmalynn's Compass since it will be for my newest granddaughter, who will be born in a little over a week.


Now to get it basted and quilted.  I'll be straight line quilting this one (I don't do free motion quilting).  I already have some quilting ideas for it.  I entered this in my large quilt guild's quilt show. I entered a total of 9 things in the quilt show.  Not everything is finished, so I have lots to do in the next few weeks.  I stitched the binding on the front of both of my family reunion quilts (only one will be in the show) earlier today.  I'd never gotten around to putting the binding on the quilts since the reunion kept getting cancelled.  I also need to sew the binding on my king sized Autumn Chains quilt.  I have one other quilt that needs to be finished, too.  For the guild challenge, we are supposed to make a quilt about something significant in our life.  Well, I'd already started a Toilet Paper quilt (and made one for my in-laws) at the beginning of Covid, when my in-laws couldn't find any toilet paper. I figured that the whole world shutting down for Covid counted as something significant.  I'm almost finished with the hand quilting.  It will be easy to finish it.

Since the guild's last quilt show was cancelled due to the Covid shutdown (literally 2 days before the show), I'm entering quilts that I had entered in that quilt show.  The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings quilt that I made 2 of for my 1st grandson, the String Star quilt from Kevin the Quilter's class, My Crazy Ladies quilt, and My Featherweight quilt that was the challenge for the quilt show that got cancelled. I also entered the Harry Potter Castle Quilt that I made for my 2nd grandson (I also made 2 of this quilt, since my grandkids live in Alaska, and I can't get the quilts back for quilt shows).


Don't forget to come back on Monday, when it's my day on the Villa Rosa Design's blog hop.  LOTS of prizes for this blog hop, including one on my blog.  



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling me about the hop. I have visited all the posts up to today (one of those isn't posted yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so busy! I thinks that's normal for you ;) Emmalynn's Compass quilt top is wonderful - I'm positive it will be a beloved quilt. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you made pretty fast work for an intense quilt! So pretty! I'll stop back Monday;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).