Thursday, January 26, 2023

A Finish and an Oops!

First, I finished my 2023 Pride of the Prairie Challenge quilt.  Here are the rules: 

Details for the 2023 Quilt Show Quilt Challenge

The Quilt Challenge will be one of Imagination and inspiration. 


Pick a significant moment or event in your life that has stood out to you.  It can be anything!  The birth of a child, your first kiss, first date, learning to drive, your wedding day, a marriage proposal, a memorable 4th of July or Holiday, etc.  


Well, I had already started a toilet paper quilt (made one for my inlaws back in 2020), so I figured that I could use the one I was making for myself in the challenge.  

Covid Toilet Paper Shortage quilt

Done!


I started straight line quilting on Emmalynn's Compass quilt.  Well, as I was quilting, I saw a spot on the yellow.  As I continued quilting, more spots appeared.  Oh no!

spots on the yellow parts

As I was finishing the quilting on the Tinkerbell quilt for the Villa Rosa blog hop, the walking foot started squeaking, so, when I was done, I decided to add a drop of oil to the walking foot (and carefully wiped the walking foot down afterwards).  Evidently, using the walking foot really distributed the old oil & grease all thru the walking foot. Well, I promptly took the walking foot off and cleaned it again.  Oh my!  This is the napkin that I used to clean the walking foot.

napkin after cleaning the walking foot

I wiped until I didn't see any black marks (then wiped more, just in case).  I can't clean the spots on the quilt until I'm finished quilting and binding the quilt.  Oh well.  Hopefully the oil/grease will come out with some Dawn.  On a positive note, the walking foot doesn't squeak anymore.


I'm still figuring out how I am going to quilt all the different parts of this quilt.  


If you haven't already entered the giveaways on the last blog post, you still have time.   Prize registration closes Sunday, January 29th, 2023.  


Remember, I must have an email address in order for you to be registered!!!!  Lots of people have left comments, but they are no-reply, and can't be entered for any of the prizes.  If you have commented on the last blog post, go back and check to see if you are entered (I commented under every comment that is no-reply).  If you can't comment (Blogger is being a pain), then send me an email, and I will enter you.  If you don't get an email back from me within 24 hours, you are NOT entered (no-reply).  I reply to EVERY comment that I get.  Comments matter to me!



6 comments:

  1. Dawn is an amazing product, I use it for grease spots on clothes all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Dawn will take off the grease spots but it is always a concern and a pain especially when you carefully wiped down everything. Ugh! I'm anxious to see how you do the quilting - always fun to watch. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, grease spots on your quilt. I am sure they will come out but we will all be anxious until we see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt! I'll never take toilet paper for granted again. Good luck with the oil spots, they will probably come out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever tp quilt. I still keep an extra few packages around at all times these days. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you caught the oil before it got more of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).