Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Announcements, Etc.

I have several things to announce today.

First, the winner of the Stash 'n Store from the Villa Rosa Blog Hop.


The winner is Marie L.  

Cathy B will be getting a set of the blog hop patterns from Villa Rosa Designs.

I pulled 5 other names for different prizes for the Villa Rosa Blog Hop and sent those names to be entered for the other prizes from the sponsors.  Each blogger who participated turned in 2 names for the 'big box' prizes.  Finalists from my blog are Sarah S. and Quilting Tangent.

Each blogger who participated also turned in 3 name for other prizes from our sponsors.  Finalists from my blog are Concordiabelle, Darlene B and Kay.  

Good luck to all 5.  I hope you each win!  We'll see.... (I'm not sure exactly when the winners will be announced).

Unfortunately, I had almost 50 commenters that did NOT have an email address that I could reply to, so they were not entered :(


My next announcement is my 4th grandchild was born on Monday.  Welcome to Emmalynn Sage, 10lbs 4oz, 21 1/2 inches long.

Emmalynn Sage

I finished Emmalynn's Compass quilt the day she was born (except burying the thread tails and washing it).  Well, the oil/grease marks DID come out, thank goodness!

Emmalynn's Compass

showing the quilting

showing the quilting and faux piping binding

I quilted this myself, using straight line quilting with my walking foot. I put light gray minkee on the back of this quilt.  This will be in my guild's quilt show in March.  If you will be near the Chicago area March 11 & 12, you should come to the show.  I'd love to meet you in person.


Friday is my Birthday! (it's a BIG birthday this year)! I tend to get money for my birthday and also for Christmas from some people.  Well, I've saved it up (for several years) and I bought myself a BIG present!  I got myself a (used) Accuquilt Studio 2 cutter.




I also bought a Studio 2.5" strip die and 2 trays and some other things from the lady selling the Studio 2 cutter (all used, so deeply discounted).  I also splurged and bought the 12" Block Cube set (8 different dies) from Accuquilt (on sale!).



the set makes 72 different quilt blocks

I did try this out using another die that the seller gave me (for free).  It works!

nice cuts with this die

I've printed out all 72 quilt blocks from the illustration above.  I've already chosen some for some upcoming block exchanges.  I also bought the Morning Star die after seeing Vicki's pretty table runner that she made with that die.






9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 4th grandchild! Your compass quilt is stunning and your quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby. And Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your BIG (10 lbs - wow) new granddaughter ! She is adorable! And Happy Birthday! I think you bought yourself a great present - ENJOY! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winner and finalists. Congrats to you on the lovely new grandbaby. Happy Birthday! I love buying my own presents.
    I got the two angle sets to go with my 8" Qube set. I use them more than the original Qube set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'compass' turned out beautiful!!! Great 'self-gift'! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much good news today! Congrats on the new little one, she was a big girl and look at all that hair! Happy Birthday also. Congrats on getting into the Accuquilt world:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Congrats to all the winners, and major congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new grandchild. Happy Birthday! Love Emmalynn's Compass quilt. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that the stains came out, the quilt is finished and the little one arrived. Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).