Monday, February 27, 2023

Quilty Things & Northern Lights

 I got some nice photos of my newest granddaughter on her quilts.



My oldest granddaughter and I went to a quilt store in Anchorage, Seams Like Home. I bought a Laura Heine pattern that I've been wanting to make.


My granddaughter was chatting with all the ladies at the store, and she must have made a good impression, since as I was checking out, one of the ladies asked her if she would like some fabric to make some napkins or something with her grandmother.  Of course my granddaughter said yes.  They gave her 13 fat quarters of this fabric.

13 fat quarters

The day before I had bought a used Accuquilt die to make turkey placemats for the kids.  This fabric will be used in those placemats.

Someone texted my son last night to let him know that the Northern Lights could be seen from their area in Anchorage.  He and I drove up a mountain (away from the city lights) above the tree line so that we could see the Northern Lights.  I got several photos.  This is my first time to get to see the Northern Lights!  The photos were taken from the car (windshield) or out the open car window.














This morning I took some photos of hoar frost outside the patio window.

hoar frost

hoar frost

I haven't gotten any sewing done since I arrived.  That's ok.  I'm having fun playing with all the grandkids instead.  


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful granddaughter. Congrats to all! Beautiful blocks in your last post and how nice now to be there in person and see her on her quilt. What a trip for you! Living in the far north...Baffin Island and Labrador, I got to see the Norther lights fairly often. Always a thrill. Enjoy every minute of your trip now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures. Love the granddaughter and quilts and the Northern lights are always so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how great was that to see the Northern Lights!! So fun to see your new little sweet pea on her quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is precious! Seeing the Northern Lights had to be fantastic. Wow! Enjoy your time... ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - those northern lights are amazing!!!
    and how fun to have the little one on the quilts, and take the other with you ! so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).