Wednesday, March 1, 2023

A Moose and a Museum (Fiber Art)

Shortly after I posted last, my son called and told me where to find a moose.  My 2 oldest grandkids and I drove over to his friends home and saw the moose.



Every time I've come to Anchorage, I've been lucky enough to see a moose (yes, in city limits).  


This morning, my daughter-in-law and I took the grandkids to the Anchorage Museum.  While the kids were playing with friends in the kids area, I checked out some of the other exhibits.  I found lots of 'fiber arts' displayed and took some photos to share.  There were several different quilts displayed, including a temperature quilt.  Everything I took photos of are made by Alaskan artists.

temperature quilt










A lady approached me while I was in one of the exhibit rooms and offered me a greeting card as a memento of my visit to the museum.  The greeting card was of one of the exhibit pieces. The lady was the artist.  I could see a quilt in this card/art.

her artwork


the greeting card she gave me

There were other fiber arts in the museum, too, that I thought you might be interested in seeing.




up close of some of the above fiber art

made with fabric, beads and vintage hot pads and doilies


There was a painting that looked like a quilt.




There was quite a bit of artwork that was made by students.  Some of the items were fiber art.

fiber covered CD's






There was even a barn quilt by one class of students.  They are working with a group that has a barn quilt trail.




This last one is just because I thought it was cool (no fiber art in it).



I still haven't done any stitching since I got off the plane.  I doubt I'll get any done until I get back on the plane Saturday.  I hope you are getting some stitching done.  



7 comments:

  1. Love the moose pictures. She's a true city beauty. Thanks for sharing pictures of the exhibit. It was very interesting and I'm amazed by some of the fiber art ... and a dragon! WOW! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't accomplished much stitching lately either. The exhibit looks like it was wonderful. I love the non-fiber dragon. And yes some of those paintings certainly look like quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great exhibit. Thank you for sharing. The quilts are wonderful and the fiber arts are great! And the painting, barn quilt, and dragon - wow! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool to see a moose in the city or anywhere for that matter!! Looks like a great museum to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved Anchorage and definitely would go back. So much fun to see what you saw at the museum. I love that you see moose...we are in Maine now...and have yet to see one. There are none on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting artwork. I love the temperature quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).