Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Quilt Show and Ribbons!

My large quilt guild, Pride of the Prairie, is having it's first quilt show in 5 years.  The last quilt show was cancelled 2 days before it was supposed to take place due to the Covid Shutdown.  There are around 350 quilts that are in the quilt show this time.  I entered 9 quilts in the show.  I was surprised that I won 2 ribbons for 3rd place.  Here are the quilts I won ribbons for.

Emmalynn's Compass

2023 Challenge quilt

I took photos of some of the quilts that caught my eye.  I hope you enjoy them.



Look at the teeny tiny piecing in this one.


up close to show how small the blocks are













This next one is 3D.


I heard from another guild member that this one won best in show (I'll have to confirm tomorrow).

Best in Show winner?






I just love all the flying geese in this one


My friend Marilyn made this quilt from blocks given to her when she moved from Calgary.





Marleen made this one.  Her husband does the embroidery.



I liked the centers in this one.


up close of one center




These next two show how different a quilt can look due to different fabrics.














I took this one for Gene, because of all of his face quilts.


Here is another one that I show up close, because of the small blocks.


up close showing the block size




This next quilt is 3D.  She was inspired by the Dragon Tales show. She got 1st place in her category.




I love the circle quilting in this table runner.







I was a good girl in the Strip Search area (fabric for sale booth), but I was bad in the Books & Magazines area.  I helped set the books up Friday night, and bought quite a few of them.  I will say that most of them are quilt mysteries, so it's not so bad.  I did find several patterns to purchase, too.  I was good, and didn't look at any of the magazines, despite working in the booth for 4 hours today.  I also bought things from a couple of the vendors.

I'm not scheduled to work the quilt show tomorrow, but I'll be there anyways.  I never got a chance to check out the raffle baskets.  I do know that I won 2 items from the Silent Auction today.  There will be new items tomorrow.  We'll see what else I come home with.  

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the ribbons! There were some beautiful quilts on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, such inspiration! Congrats on the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are no-reply, so I can't email you directly.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the wins! I love seeing all these quilts. (although it makes me feel a bit inadequate - ha ha)
    The face quilt isn't like my style at all, but I love it. I enjoy seeing how different the style can be.
    Those two "same pattern" quilts, I would not have noticed being the same as the fabrics are so very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a show, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it with my coffee this morning. Congrats on the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your two quilts wining ribbons...it is always fun to have your work appreciated by others. Love seeing all the pretties in those show. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your ribbons! What gorgeous quilts you had in the show. Thanks for sharing. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! A huge variety of gorgeous finishes! I really miss big quilt shows. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your third place winnings! Thank you for sharing the quilt show; so many beautiful quilts from talented quilters.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).