Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Bluebonnets and a Quilt Store

Bluebonnets and a Quilt Store, what's not to like?  I got both today.  We took a drive thru the hill country in Texas to see the Bluebonnets and wildflowers.  






There are more photos at this link.

While we were driving thru Brady, Texas (The Heart of Texas) we spotted a quilt store sign and decided to check it out.  Wow!  What a store!  I don't think I saw any fabrics that I didn't like!  I was a good girl, and only bought a few fabrics.  I had to get some bluebonnet fabrics, since that was what the whole day was about (finding the bluebonnets, of course).  I bought 3 different bluebonnet fabrics.




I saw this cute bag at the quilt store.  My mother-in-law also liked this bag.  They had 2 panels left, and I bought both of the panels.



After I left the quilt shop, I found this little post-it note book in the bottom of my bag.  What a nice 'thank you' gift. 



All in all, it was a lovely day!


I've finished some blocks, but I haven't taken any photos of them.  I'll do another blog post after I take some photos.  

10 comments:

  1. Love the panel!!! Too bad they didn't have any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been enjoying the bluebonnets here in Texas!!! Gorgeous fabrics there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having only briefly been in Texas, I have never seen bluebonnets in person. I am reminded of a song by Native Texan, Nanci Griffith - Gulf Coast Highway. A section of the lyrics says "This is the only place on earth
    Blue bonnets grow
    Once a year they come and go
    At this old house here by the road"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bluebonnets are gorgeous! It's always fun to find a new quilt shop - I admire your restraint - and that sweet gift is even more fun. Enjoy your trip. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric and the panels! I agree with Jocelyn, too bad there wasn't another panel or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a real blue bonnet, lucky you to have found some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl what pretty flowers and love the fabric that you bought and that bag is super cute,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you have to get fabrics to remind you of such a pretty place!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flowers and the fabrics with the flowers are both awesome. What a bonus finding the quilt shop when you weren't expecting it. LOVE the panels for the bag.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me waving hi as I make my blog rounds. Hope all is well with you. Perhaps you're busy stitching up a storm.
    <a href="https://travelingsuitcase.blogspot.com/2023/05/shirks-candies-sansottas-italian.html>Traveling Suitcase</a>

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).