Saturday, June 3, 2023

Catching Up

 Wow, it's been over 7 weeks since I last posted.  I've been on two trips during that time, one planned, and one unplanned (family emergency).  I got some stitching done before I left on the first trip, and only a bit of stitching done between the two trips.  I did get some stitching done during the first trip, but those blocks aren't finished yet.

This is what I got done before the first trip.  












These blocks are from this book.  At least one of each of the blocks are for the Missouri TOGA (Treadle On Gathering & Academy) later this month.

We can't use buttons or beads for the blocks for the Missouri TOGA raffle quilt, so I needed to embroider some of the blocks.  Here are the embroidered blocks, finished.






Marilyn from my little quilt guild, Wego Quitin' taught a Ruler Bag class from a pattern she wrote.  I made one of these ruler bags about 10 years ago when she taught the class.

Ruler bag

large pocket holds 24" rulers

medium pocket holds 12" rulers

small pocket holds 6" rulers

Marilyn taught the class again a few weeks ago.  She gave me permission to teach it, using her pattern, at the Missouri TOGA.  I made another ruler bag yesterday.

new Ruler bag

It always helps to have a refresher when you haven't made something in a very long time.  I keep my first ruler bag loaded all the time, ready for sew-in's, traveling, etc.  It's really handy!

I'll be in and out over the next 2 months.  My husband will be home, so he will really appreciate me cooking and cleaning when I'm finally home again.  Don't worry, he won't starve.  He's a good cook, and my son will also be here.  Not much stitching will be happening till late July.

I hope you are having a good start to Summer!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you! Love the blocks. Have fun on your trips

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are darling! I hope all is well with the family now - take care. ~Jeanne (I hope this only publishes once - it keeps saying there was an error.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those blocks!! You did good sneaking some time in between the trips!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).