Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Happy National Sewing Machine Day

Happy National Sewing Machine Day!  

There are TWO different National Sewing Machine days, the other one is September 10th.  

I bought some fun shoes to celebrate the day.  These shoes are really comfortable!

my sewing machine shoes

My Family Reunion was this past weekend.  We raffled off the quilt I made, that family members signed at the last reunion.  Here are the winners in front of the quilt.

Family Reunion quilt winners

I had family members sign new quilt squares for the next Family Reunion quilt.  It was a fun weekend!  I love to go to Family Reunions!

This was posted to a vintage sewing machine forum.  I've seen it before, many times.  I thought you might like to see it, too.  Big difference between 'Then' and 'Now' for sewing advice.


I'm off to finish prepping for the Missouri TOGA (Treadle On Gathering & Academy).  I'm teaching how to make Marilyn's Ruler Bag, and also how to make project boards and DIY Flying Geese trimmers.

3 comments:

  1. Love your sewing shoes!!! Glad you had another fun family reunion. The winners of the quilt look happy! Isn't it nice to live 'now' instead of 'then' when it comes to the sewing advice?! ;) ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shoes! Glad that you are making memories with family. Will have to post the sewing advice in my sewing room. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).