Saturday, June 17, 2023

Prairie Fest Quilt Show 2023

 Yesterday I went to the Prairie Fest Quilt Show.  I try to go every year (lots of posts on my blog from previous years).  This year I put 5 of my quilts in the show.  Here are previous photos of the quilts I had in the show (I didn't take photos of my quilts this time).

Peter Pan quilt

LOTR/Hobbit quilt

Harry Potter Castle quilt

Emmalynn's Compass quilt

Covid Toilet Paper challenge quilt

Here are some of the quilts from the show.




up close

Because this is in a small space, they lay some of the quilts over chairs.  



they even have a book showing where they got the quilt blocks from

I'm slowly making one of these OhMyGosh! quilts myself

More quilts.






hand quilted in purple thread, lovely








made using paperless paper piecing technique


I forgot to take a photo of their raffle quilt this time.  Lovely hand quilting on it.  The quilt show is hosted by The Quilter's Dozen, a group of hand quilting ladies.  Many of these quilts were hand quilted.

They also have a few display cases showing off sewing related items.


As usual, it was a nice show.  


My large quilt guild meeting was Thursday night.  Back in 2019, Kevin Huffman (Kevin the Quilter) came to both of my quilt guilds and taught classes (blog posts here and here).  At the large guild, he taught crumb piecing and Crumb Stars.  Eileen finally finished her Crumb Star quilt and showed it off at the guild meeting.

Eileen's Crumb Star quilt

I'm off to Ladies Crafting at church!  I hope you have a great Saturday!


5 comments:

  1. NICE quilts! Now I have to look up paperless paper piecing technique. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite an interesting collection of quilts at this show.
    Eileen's crumb star quilt is both fun and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those quilts were breath taking. Thanks for sharing those that you hung and the ones they were hanging with. Nice circle of friends to have at a quilt show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I was at the show with you, thanks for taking the time to share all those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).