Sunday, February 19, 2023

Just a bit of stitching before my trip

I'm in Alaska!  Our 4th grandbaby was born the end of January, and it's my turn to help the new mother out.  Hubby is still at home, so he is missing out on all the grandkids.  

In the week before I left, I got some blocks made.  I was behind on my Women of the Bible blocks.  I made one for Mary, mother of Jesus.  I also made one for Elizabeth, Mary's cousin, and one for the Canaanite Woman.

Mary block (15 inches)

Elizabeth (10 inches)

The Canaanite Woman (10 inches)

I'm making these blocks with Civil War reproduction fabrics.

My Treadle On group is having a block of the month this year.  I stitched up January's and February's blocks.

January's block

February's block

I'm making these blocks with 1930's reproduction fabrics. 


I also wanted to make some things for my son and daughter-in-law's kitchen.  For Christmas, I made my daughter-in-law placemats, using Pioneer Woman fabrics, and I used some of the scraps to decorate some kitchen towels and washrags.

two of each

up close

I also made some dish drying mats using more of the Pioneer Woman fabrics and a towel on the other side.

two drying mats

To fly to Alaska, I had to fly thru Seattle this time.  As we were coming in to land, I took a couple of photos of the Seattle skyline.  I even got one photo with Seattle just off the airplane wing.

Seattle skyline

Seattle just off the wing

I did get one photo of me holding my new granddaughter.  I'll get photos of her on her new quilts before I leave.

sleeping, as usual

Not much sewing going on for two weeks.  I do have a hand project with me, but I only got a chance to sew on it on the plane.  We'll see if I get any more stitching done before I come home. 


7 comments:

  1. Love your Women of the Bible blocks. And the baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it's your turn help out and especially enjoy the baby and rest of the family. Enjoy everyone and sleep on the plane on your way home. ;) ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to get to Alaska and meet the new one! Enjoy your time there to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new baby is a joy to hold. She is adorable with that lovely black hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful baby! Enjoy! Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a joyous task, and in Alaska, too! Love your work and the bible blocks. Need to check out making some drying mats; they are a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are awesome - and love the towels!! but the baby!! Congrats on the new grandbaby!!! have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).