Sunday, September 24, 2023

Faithful Circle Quilt Show Part 1

This weekend is the Faithful Circle Quilt Show in Woodridge, Illinois.  I was asked to display some of my vintage sewing machines at this quilt show.  I was happy to oblige.  I chose 18 sewing machines for the quilt show (the most I've ever taken to a show/demo).  I had to carefully pack my car.  I took the photos so that I can re-pack my car after the show is over.

3 machines on the floorboards and 6 machines on the seat

better view of the machines



6 machines in the back (first layer)

quilts for the tables in the blue IKEA bags and my pvc quilt rack

Featherweight with LOTS of other stuff and a case full of toy machines


The rest went into hubby car (not much for him, thank goodness).

Here is my booth all set up.
the whole booth

my quilts in the background, showing off some of my paper piecing on hand cranks

more machines

more machines

I did get a little bit of time to stitch.  I started sewing Half Square Triangles for the Friendship Star TOBE (Treadle On Block Exchange) that are due by October 21st.  I got almost a full set made yesterday (I still have the last 2 seams to stitch on each block).
stitching HST's on a 1921 Singer 66 hand crank


I was lucky that they placed the bed turning right next to my booth.  Because of so many people in my booth (chatting with them about machines) I still haven't seen all of the quilts for the bed turning, even after 4 times on Saturday.  
bed turning next to my booth

Across from my booth were the challenge quilts.  They had a Crayon Challenge.  
Crayon Challenge

Here are some of the Crayon Challenge quilts.  I like the challenge, but some of the colors they put together were pretty strange.  
First place winner in this photo

Second place winner in this photo

Third place winner in this photo




There were a few other quilts in the same gym that I was in.
I love how she made the flowers

This one made me laugh!



I have this Morning Star Accuquilt die, but when I tried to make the blocks, they came out cone shaped due to the bias.  Hers came out flat.  
Morning Star

This next one reminded me of the Emmalynn's Compass I made in January for my newest granddaughter.

This one looked like it was in a wooden frame.

Great 3D flowers in this one.

up close

The borders were lovely in this one.

So cute to 'Build a Snowman'

Barbara, over at Cat Patches is stitching a pre-printed cross stitch of kitties.  I thought of her when I saw this quilt. 

I've never seen a Quilter's themed Halloween quilt before.  Lots of machine embroidery.  Really cute!

up close

Hopefully today a friend will come sit in my booth so that I can see the rest of the quilt show.  She was sick yesterday, so we'll see.  If she is well, then I'll have Part 2 of the quilt show for you.  Meanwhile, I'm having a blast talking about vintage sewing machines with so many people, and letting them learn how to hand crank, too.






6 comments:

  1. YIPPEE I get to be the first to comment. Do I win a prize, lol. OMG so many machines. I knew you had a lot; but had no idea. WOW. It must have taken you quite a while to pack up the cars, set up your booth, which looks wonderful. AND all those gorgeous quilts. So many truly talented people. Hope your friend feels better and you're able to get help in the booth so you can look at the rest of the show. Good luck!
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I loved seeing so many vintage/antique machines in one place and seeing some wonderful quilts! That must have been a big job to set up all those machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part is figuring out which machines to take, and pulling the out and dusting them before they are loaded. It is a lot of work, but well worth it. I had a ball at the quilt show, showing off machines and talking to people about vintage machines.

      Delete
  3. What fun! So many great machines you brought to share and then to work on a project while there - amazing. Love seeing all the quilts....vicarious quilt shows are almost as good as going.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).