You all know that I'm a member of Treadle On, a group for people powered sewing machines (treadles and hand cranks). Well, one of our (many) exchanges was for Pin Cushion Thread Catchers. I have a tutorial on one way to make these at this link.
There were only 4 of us that participated, all from different states. I was the hostess, so, I got photos of all four Pin Cushion Thread Catchers. I loved all of them!
![]() |
| the one I made |
![]() |
| Debra's, isn't that curved edge cute! And she added a scissors leash. |
![]() |
| Carole's, love those swirls! |
![]() |
| Kay's, the bottom unbuttons to empty it easier |
![]() |
| Love the vintage sewing machine on the fabric. |
I kept Kays with the vintage sewing machine fabric and all those cute pins in the other fabric. I'm already using this one.
I also got a few hostess gifts!
Kay sent me the rest of the vintage sewing machine fabric.
And Debra made this great sewing machine needle storage case that she made, along with a cute, sewing themed card.
![]() |
| outside of needle case |
![]() |
| inside of the needle case |
I love to participate in different exchanges with Treadle On! I haven't had much time for exchanges this year (crazy busy this year). Hopefully I'll have more time next year! Several years ago, I used some of my exchange blocks to make a king size quilt for my bed.
![]() |
| king size quilt |
Yes, I still have lots of exchange blocks left, even after making this quilt! It's always fun to see who made the blocks, where they are from (all over the world) and what machines they used (how old, what model, etc.) and what fun fabrics they used.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).