Saturday, December 29, 2018

Two More Blocks Done!

I've finished the last two Be Attitudes blocks.  This one I finished before Christmas.
February block
I finished this one last night.
January block
There is still a bit of embroidery on a couple of the blocks, and eyes and a few buttons to be added.  Most of the buttons will wait until the blocks are stitched together.  Once I get the blocks stitched into a top, I'll decided if I am going to do any machine quilting on this, or just hand quilting.  I figured I could straight line quilt where the blocks go together, then hand quilt some details on the blocks.  Since this will be a wall quilt, it doesn't really need lots of quilting on it. 

I'm going to try to get the last bits of detail embroidery done on these blocks (it wasn't drawn on until last week) and the eyes stitched on in the next few days.  I don't know if I can get this completed as a quilt top before the end of the year or not.  We'll see. 


7 comments:

  1. Since it has a very Christmassy feel to it, just finish it for next year's decorations. Then you can take your time and work on other projects. Please show it off when you are done.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too charming to rush. Hand quilting will give it more of that 'homey' warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great... so close to ready to be quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Look forward to seeing the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Be project is coming along nicely, these blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).