Monday, December 10, 2018

Stitching, Etc.

I've not had much time to get any stitching done, but, I did finish another Be Attitudes block.  This one is the May block (I'm working backwards from December).  I've already started the April block.
May block

Last Monday was my little quilt guild's Holiday Party.  Jo, the president made little magnetic pin dishes for everyone.  Here is mine.
magnetic pin dish

magnet on the back along with non-scratch pads

Jo also got everyone a wooden seam presser.
wooden seam presser

Kay made everyone a candle mat, but I forgot to take a picture of mine (oops). 

At the party, we play Left-Right-Center with 5" charm squares.  This year we used striped charm squares.  (we've used solids, polka dots & batiks in the past).  Thelma won them again (she also won the batiks last year) but she didn't want to do anything with them, so she gave them to me.
over 60 striped charm squares
I have a couple of ideas for these squares.  I'm supposed to have a completed quilt top by the end of 2019.

On Friday night, the ladies group at church had our annual ornament exchange and Secret Sister reveal.  This is what I made for my Secret Sister for Christmas.  The top of the wall quilt I found in the scrap bag at Camp Tuckabatchee, over a year ago.  All I had to do was quilt and bind it.  My Secret Sister's favorite colors are pink and orange, so, I've been saving this all year for her. 
gift for my Secret Sister

I can't make anything for my Secret Sister until the end, since I'm one of the few quilter's in the church.  They would know right off who their Secret Sister was. 

I'm hoping to get in my sewing room this week.  I haven't been in it since early November (other than to put stuff on the cutting table).



9 comments:

  1. Fun post! Sounds like a great week...but the wooden seam presser is for me! Or rather Sir Old Man will be making one shortly I think. The magnetic dish is great....use mine all the time. And I love the adorable mini for your secret sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun holiday party you had. I love the magnet pin dish. I'm sure it'll come very handy as will the wooden seam presser. And that game with charm squares sounds like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat pin dish. Love the mini for the secret sister. Your Be Attitudes block is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Be Patient block...neat stitching. What a great idea for a magnet dish like that. You secret sister will be so happy with that sweet piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no-reply blogger :( I can't contact you privately to reply :( Glad you liked my stuff. I'm almost finished with the next Be Attitudes block.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely dish for a pin keep. The secret sister mini is very sweet. And I drooled on your stripey blocks, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Women's Conference in February theme is the beatitudes and I googled this pattern, and found a picture. I know long ago I made a sketch, thinking I would make it, but after hours of looking, I can't find that drawing. I did find the book on sale but.... Maybe I will have to start sketching all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful each item, and sounds like you're having lots of fun with your various groups and being productive!! Double bonus for sure.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pin dish idea. So much prettier than the silver ones I'm using from Harbor Freight. Can't wait to see what you do with your striped squares!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).