Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Lyon's Farm Fall Festival 2019

This past weekend was the Lyon's Farm Fall Festival.  I've participated in this festival since 2012.  The first year, I took 4 sewing machines.  This year I took 13 sewing machines.  I had less space this year, so my booth was a bit crowded. (the first year I had the whole building to myself).





One of the vendors sold old jewelry.  She had a (new) sewing machine pin, and I just had to buy it.  It looks like my Willcox & Gibbs chainstich machine.


I wasn't the only one sewing at the festival.  The Quilter's Dozen has been at this event longer than I have.  The ladies were hand quilting their next raffle quilt for the Prairie Fest Quilt Show that they put on.  I'll be trying to win this quilt next Father's Day (always the last day of Prairie Fest).


On Saturday morning, hubby brought me some flowers for my booth.  Thursday was our 32nd Anniversary.


Due to the rain most of the weekend, the crowds were very thin.  Instead of talking about my machines most of the weekend, I got lots of sewing done instead.
1927 Singer 15 hand crank

I finished my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for August (light blue) and September (purple).  Sorry, the colors are washed out in the photos.
RSC19 August blocks

RSC19 September blocks

I also got lots stitched on 6 Parcheesi game boards that I'm making, but I didn't take any photos.

Another vendor had a treadle head in his garage, and he asked if I wanted it.  It's rusty, but it turns.  This is the first new machine I've gotten in over a year (I've been being really good).
1915 Singer 66 with Red Eye decals

I'll try to start getting this cleaned up this weekend. 

15 comments:

  1. This weather is something else. It's too bad it affected your crowds at the farm festival. I'm glad you had plenty of sewing with you.We had a rainy weekend for our Pumpkin Festival and grandson soccer games too and we are currently getting another bad storm. Ugh! At least you had a beautiful bright spot with your flowers. Happy Anniversary! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Sorry the rain kept the crowd thin--at least you got some sewing done tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How attractive that event looks! Wish I could have been there in person. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that your 'new' machine is an old treadle!

    What a fun event! I wish I lived closer to you. I'd love to see all your machines in person. Your husband of 32 years is a gem, not only to give you flowers but to understand and support your need to collect beautiful sewing machines.

    Something to think about: I'm going to start another Project of Doom quilt sometime this spring after Bonnie Hunter's mystery. This will be a PoD in slo-mo, maybe a block a week. Want to join me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely show. Too bad attendance down due to weather. Yet you turned a negative into a positive and sewed. :-) Good for you getting another pretty machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, hope you had a wonderful time celebrating. LOVE all the quilts and seeing all your machines. WOW. Been awhile since I've opened the treadle I have that belonged to my Dad's older sister. He's 93 and she died when she was 92. The cabinet needs some work, she must put wet glasses on it as she was working. There's a staple in the leather band. The machine is actually still threaded, or maybe half threaded. Too bad we're not neighbors I would have you work on it. Her daughter, my cousin didn't want it and I couldn't bear to have it be sold or trashed, so I took it. I learned to sew on a very similar machine with my Mom, but sadly when she wanted a new machine years ago Dad traded in her old one. For sentimental reason I certainly would have preferred to have the machine Mom used. Your fall template quilt here on your blog is perfect for this time of the year. I've not seen such fancy colors on old treadle machines. Very cool the guy offered you the one in his garage. Your quilts and the one the ladies are hand stitching look amazing.
    Traveling Suitcase

    Also since you're a crafty person, you might enjoy cruising over to my personal blog, Sandy's Space Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks to have been a great show. I would love to look at all of the old machines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 13 machines! Do you sell any of them? Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on catching up with your RSC blocks! Here's hoping you have some BIG fun with your DARK scraps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The festival looks like a lot of fun! We have a Lyon's Farm Pumpkin Patch that's also a LOT of fun! Have fun playing with your blocks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated anniversary. Festival looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary. Wow I have been so busy I have hardly sat down to read blogs. I finally sat after guild last night. Cute pin. I know you have been very good about machines this year. Its been a bit of a year hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't go wrong with a 66 that turns. It will find a home!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).