Friday, December 27, 2019

Fat Cats in the City is Done

I finished stitching the binding down on Fat Cats in the City on Christmas Eve. 
my quilt holder hubby

up close

This is the 2nd completed Fat Cats in the City quilt I've made.  The first one was for a special friend, Ms. Betty. 
Ms. Betty with her quilt

The pinks in the quilt are different, but everything else is the same.  Here are some up close shots of the cats.  Each cat is wearing a different tie.  I couldn't get a good photo of the hand quilted cats in each of the brown squares.




I started the Fat Cats in the City quilts back in 2011.  The quilt tops were made pretty fast, but I stalled on doing the hand quilting on them.  Betty's was finished in 2013, and Kay's languished until this November. 

 I finally took a photo of one of the board game quilt tops that is done.  All of the circles and stars are hand appliqued, along with the semi-circles in the center square.  There is still another star to be appliqued on the center square, but I want to quilt the semi-circles before I add the stars.  I'll add the stars when they are quilted and bound.  I still have 3 more board game tops to stitch together (six board games in all).  One of these has to be finished before March, since I've entered it in my large quilt guild's quilt show.
20" x 20" board game quilt top

I came up with a new idea to use with all of the striped circles I've been making.  Some of them will become a shadow box quilt.  Christmas afternoon I cut out the non-fusible interfacing and the black squares for the 117 black circles I need to make.  I got the circles traced onto the black and pinned the interfacing on yesterday.  They are now waiting by my sewing machine to be stitched for the next part.
117 black circles waiting to be stitched

Hopefully I'll get some stitching done on these after work today.

13 comments:

  1. Oh just love those Fat Cats--beautiful job on it...so cute and happy!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilts. I keep thinking I should make just a simple game quilt for the grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking projects. Congrats on your finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great as all your work is including those runners for the church. Glad you had a nice Christmas and I hope you have a healthy and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fat cats are adorable. I love the board game quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love fat cat quilts you have been busy even with the holidays lots of black circles to stitch. I am working on BH mystery quilt 1st time ever that I am caught up but clues have been easy and I am only doing half of the numbers for smaller quilt. I have been busy sewing too check my blog later today.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun projects Cheryl!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cats are cute!!! I like the board games too. I have a couple of project in the works... but nothing to show for it, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cats are cute, and nice mitered corners! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely work! Well done. I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year with hopefully lots of time for stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cats sure are cute. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).