Monday, June 29, 2020

2020 Missouri TOGA

I got to attend the 3rd Missouri TOGA last weekend.  What fun! The TOGA (Treadle On Gathering and Academy) started on Thursday and went thru Saturday. 

On Thursday I did a demo on how to make the string Churn Dash block for next year's raffle quilt.
blocks I made for next year's raffle quilt

We also had a question and answer session on vintage machines.
me showing how to convert a machine to hand crank



We had a welcome desk with this year's raffle quilt behind it.



On Friday, Missy taught us how to make snap bags. 

my snap bag

a teeny tiny snap bag

Saturday was really busy!  Missy did a demo on how to decoupage a sewing machine case.


We also had a pin cushion exchange. 


pin cushion I won

We also had show-n-tell.  These are just a few of the show-n-tell items.



















We also had a raffle table.  Here are some of the things I won off the raffle table.
Yes, I got a quilt!

the card in the center is the original print that was also on this year's T-shirts

Of course there were some machines at the TOGA.
just a few of the machines at the TOGA

Donna and her Featherweight

Missy and her new machine

While I played with sewing machines, hubby went hiking in the area.  Both of us had a great weekend. 



14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time! I really hope we do at least the shop hop this year. I want to get out and do SOMEthing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks terrific. I miss Missy's blog, don't know what she is up to. I would have loved one of those machines. Sigh, I am far from Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very nice sewing/quilty gathering done the new normal way! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I am sure it felt good to get out and be with people again, especially with people who share a love for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful weekend. Congrats on your new quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome time. I saw a pic of Missy's machine it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you came home with some fun things and had some fun time with like minded... us... we had to dig out the water wings over the weekend... 5" of rain in 24 hours!!! The pond nearly cressted the dam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend! It had to be fun, especially to do something rather normal. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet this gathering was even more fun than if it had been held in normal times! Hope you were all able to do it safely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! Such a grand time and visual inspirations....which we all need.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting. I love the pie pincushion you won.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing all the creative artwork. Quilting is so beautiful. I wish I had the talent for it. I am happy I stopped by. Smile and enjoy your week. HUGS xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun! Love the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you were able to have your annual TOGA! The PNW TOGA and 4-H quilt camp were cancelled due to COVID 19. I am feeling a bit deprived but my niece and I are going to go quilt shop hopping now that shops are open. I am looking forward to the road trip.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).