Saturday, June 13, 2020

National Sewing Machine Day! & some stitching!

Happy National Sewing Machine Day!  June 13th is the first of TWO National Sewing Machine Days!  The second one is September 10th.  Sewing machines are so wonderful that they get TWO days to celebrate!

In honor of National Sewing Machine Day, here are some photos of my latest sewing machine.  I got this machine back in April, but never posted any photos.  This is a 1950 White Rotary Series 77.  It is in a lovely desk/cabinet.


cabinet opened up
In the top drawer of the desk is a holder for broken needles and pins (the black circle).  It has a glass jar that holds the needles (you can't see the jar).
black lid opens to hold broken needles
This machine also came with all sorts of attachments, including a button hole maker and a zig zagger.
drawer full of attachments
This lovely machine needs a new home (I'm out of room for cabinets).  If you know of someone that would be interested, this machine is in the western suburbs of Chicago.

I have been stitching, too.  I made 4 pin cushions.

 

I also made a mini Penguin quilt.

I finished two more Ukulele's for someone else (his wife and his sister in law).

I also made a dress for my granddaughter and a matching one for her doll. 



The dress was from material that was already smocked and layered.  All I had to do was to stitch the seams and add the straps. 

Now to get the dress in the mail.

I did get the last baby quilt quilted, but I still have to sew on the binding.  I also got 5 game board quilts basted.


17 comments:

  1. That machine strikes terror in my heart. I tried to fix one for a guild member and foolishly removed the tension to try and fix. Yikes, a nightmare to put back together. A women from the White forum sent me photos and I put it back together and will not touch another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have one with the motor don't work for many years, any recommendation about this? Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Juli, first, you are no-reply, so I can't contact you directly. Replacement motors can be bought for these vintage machines. You need to find someone in your area that will work on vintage machines. If I knew where you were, I might be able to help you find someone.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have been busy. I thinking the matching dresses are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making good use of your time!!! Lots to show for it. I saw a similar desk cabinet recently. Had a machine too... but decided I didn't want or need to add anything to the plate at the moment. I have enough to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are getting things done. no room for machine either. I haven't got much sewing done been doing yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Sewing Machine Day! I'll celebrate by giving my machines the day off and tackling the sewing room mess. You've been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a very productive week! I love the matching dresses, she is going to love them too! Love those little 'PIN' cushions. I didn't know there were 2 National SM days, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great cabinet. I've never seen a used needle holder before. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom still has her original white portable. I don't know what kind, but I remember learning to sew on that one! It made the most perfect buttonholes because it had the cams...and I had to hope that my buttons fit the cam sizes!! Good luck with the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice White Rotary, especially the MCM cabinet! Great pinnies and the new ukuleles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat machine, and the cabinet and treasures are fabulous. Cute dress, with a matching one for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for my penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this exact machine! Just wondering how much you think the machine is worth?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Machines are only worth what someone will pay for them. I got this machine for free.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).