Thursday, June 4, 2020

Some Finishes, Some Progress and a Cutie!

I quilted 2 more baby quilts over the weekend, and got them bound, washed and delivered to the new babies on Wednesday.
Alphabet letters

blue Minkee backing

Monsters

up close of the monsters

polka dot backing
I still have one more baby quilt to quilt. 

I stitched more string blocks last week.  This time I made them the correct size and direction.  I didn't get them trimmed until today.  I already had 4 string blocks made (the correct size). 
28 string blocks

5 more string blocks
Now to start making the spool blocks for the exchange.  I think I figured out the math to make half size blocks with the strings that I stitched the wrong size. 

I also finished 8 more striped circle blocks.
Striped circles

I think I'm over half way done with these now.  These are my hand project that I stitch at work.  I usually get an hour a day to stitch.  I haven't been working every day since Covid, since my home health care client's wife hasn't been working very often.  I'm not needed if she is at home.  (More time to get my sewing done when I'm off).

Vicki over at Vicki's Crafts and Quilting has been knitting sweaters for kids.  I had her knit a sweater for my granddaughter.  My son sent photo's when the sweater arrived yesterday.
Gwendolynn in her new sweater

Gwendolynn making 'squishy face'

Yes, the sweater is large, but she can grow into it.  Since she lives in Alaska, she will get lots of wear out of the sweater.

10 comments:

  1. She is just a doll!! She'll get at least 2 season's of use from it. Thanks for the link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baby quilts and that sweater is cute. Your granddaughter is adorable; she's a real cutie! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are great but that model in the pink sweater....just WOW. She is a cutie and so is the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have been busily productive. Great quilts and awesome sweater. I admire anyone who can make a sweater. I can only handle flat things like scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is a cutie... yes they grow so fast. pretty sewter quilts are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sweater! You have made a lot of baby quilts recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, Cheryl, and sweet squishy face photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet sweater and even sweeter granddaughter! I wish I could turn out baby quilt at that speed. It seems everyone at both school and church are having babies and I am a bit sad I can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh you got a lot done!! Love those baby quilts. and the little one - that face - she is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute quilts. Oh my gosh she is adorable. What an awesome sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).