I made some string blocks for a block exchange back in February. It was time to make more of the blocks so that I could finish these blocks. The pattern is a freebie on Quilt in a Day.
Well, I read the pattern and cut out paper backings for the rest of the string blocks back in February. I started stitching string blocks on Sunday, and by Tuesday night I'd made 24 string blocks. The blocks are supposed to be 7.5" x 6.5". Dummy me made them 6.5" x 7.5". I just had it in my head that spools of thread are taller than they are wide.
Here are my blocks, next to the four I'd made back in February.
NOT ONE OF THE BLOCKS WILL WORK FOR THIS PATTERN!!!!! Nope, I can't turn them, since the strings have to run sideways, not top to bottom. GRRR!!!!!
I used up lots of the strings that I had in yellow, orange and teals. I'm not sure I can get many blocks out of those colors now (Grrr!)
I really didn't want to cut into yardage to make these blocks.
I'm sure none of you have ever made such a stupid mistake before.
Now to go see about making more (correct) string blocks.