Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Quilt top Finished

 On Saturday and Sunday I took this...

quilt all cut up

and turned it into this!


This pattern is Kelli Fannin's Wheel Life.  I did a small change to her pattern.  I added cut and flip corners to the inside of each wheel to make the tires look more rounded.

I could have had this quilt top done in a day, but I had other things to do around the house.  It was a fun and quick pattern to stitch.  I highly recommend Kelli's patterns.  Right now Kelli is doing a National Day scrap quilt, designing different patterns for many of the National Day celebrations. 

I had lots of leftover bonus HST's from this pattern.  Not sure what I'll do with them yet.  I'll add them to my collection.

bonus HST's

Lots more Christmas decorating needs to happen here before I can baste and quilt this quilt (the dining room table is full of decorations, so no place to baste).  Hopefully I can baste this next weekend.  I still need to figure out what I'm going to do about the backing, since the race track fabric I bought for the back is a tiny bit more narrow than the quilt top.  I'm thinking of adding a strip of 'Disney Cars' fabric down one side.  I'm also thinking of using faux piping binding on this quilt.


11 comments:

  1. Yes, the faux piped binding will be just perfect on this! The cars are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummmm.... do the unexpected on the back... widen with a road... black with yellow stripes down the middle!!! It is a cute pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I need to check out Kelli Fannin's patterns. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now what boy wouldn't like that quilt! I think your extra effort made the wheels look a lot better. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute top! Kudos for sticking with the fussy paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, good job! That IS a very cute pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).