Sunday, March 21, 2021

A Little Bit of Progress

 I'm running behind this year.  It's been a busy year, and I'm not getting as much done as I expected to.  I spent hours cleaning the machine in the last post, and I wasn't expecting that.  Today the machine went to it's new home.  It's always sad when I sell a machine, but I think this machine will be well loved.

I finally finished my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for February.  I'm making these blocks as my leaders/enders while I sew the Harry Potter blocks for the Castle quilt(s).  

February RSC blocks

I started stitching the March (dark green) blocks today.  I cut out all the parts yesterday during a Zoom meeting where we were celebrating International Quilting Day.  I missed half of the Zoom meeting since I had to attend a memorial for one of my son's closest friends.  It's hard to lose someone who was only 26, and was such a fun, vibrant, caring person.  

I finished another quilt top March 2nd, but haven't posted it until now.  I still have to baste and quilt it.  This quilt will be for our 3rd grandbaby that is due late April.  The Harry Potter Castle quilt is also for this baby, but it will be late.  I still have more blocks to paper piece before I can start working on the castle.


baby quilt

It's hard to get a good contrast with yellow fabrics.  The contrast shows up better in person than in the photo.  I'm using purple Minkee for the backing.  I haven't decided what to use for the binding yet.  I don't know if I have a stripe that will match it. 


12 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your son's friend. We have lost way too many friends in the last year. I love your colorful baby quilt - it looks like one that will be used and cherished for years. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those RSC blocks are interesting. I realized quickly that they are paper pieced. (not my thing.)
    I love the baby quilt. It is so happy.
    My condolences on the loss of your son's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colourful baby quilt! Just beautiful!!! And very sorry to hear of the loss of your son's friend!! Sending hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loss is hard to take... young or old, related or not. You have been busy... even if you think it is slow! Foundation Piecing always takes twice as long!!! As do 'Half Square Triangles'!!! As long as the Castle Quilt isn't 20 or 30 years late... you will be doing fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is only the third month in 2021, you may catch up after all. I like your rainbow quilt. Sorry to hear of your son's friend. Twenty-six is very young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely baby quilt, interesting use of your RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes it is hard to loose a young person. sorry for the loss. love the baby quilt. I have one to deliver soon. Baby boy is here and a month old hope to get to see him soon and give him his quilt. you will get caught up on your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too feel like I'm running behind this year. Just can't seem to find that drive that I usually feel. Guess it'll hit soon enough. I'm sorry to hear of such a young one passing and sending prayers for the family to bear it. How hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's strange but I too find that the days and weeks whizz by and I'm constantly trying to chase my tail. That baby quilt looks super as do the February blocks. Are all the blocks going to be the same, just different colours? I hope Spring has arrived at your end too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the baby quilt! Yes time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the baby quilt is so cute! Congrats on Grandkid 3!! Your yellow RSC blocks are really cool. And great big hugs - that is just too young

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rainbow baby quilt! And such pretty yellow RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).