Friday, March 26, 2021

More Harry Potter Blocks Finished

 I finished the last of the full sized blocks for the Harry Potter Castle quilt for our soon to be grandbaby.  I only need 13 full sized  blocks for this layout.  As usual, I'm making 2 of these quilts (extra one to show off at quilt shows, that the child will also get one day). For some reason, the photos got blurry when I edited them, sorry.

Time Turner

both blocks

Golden Snitch

both blocks

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

both blocks

Round Eyed Monster Book of Monsters

both blocks

The Monster Book of Monsters is different than the one I made before.  This is one of the many alternate blocks that have been designed over the years.  This version was more difficult to make (200 pieces of fabric in each block) but I like the look of it better than the original version.  I used the same fabric for both versions.


I'm now prepping the smaller blocks that are left (half sized blocks).  I shrunk already small blocks (5.5" blocks) to 4.5" blocks.  Some of the pieces are tiny!  The small size will make them more fiddly to make.  


Tuesday was my best friend's birthday.  It was also the anniversary of the day we met (and became best friends at first sight).  It's now been 44 years since we met.  I sent her flowers for her birthday.  When I got home from work, guess what was waiting for me from her?

flowers from my best friend

Our flowers are almost identical.  How's that for knowing what we both like?!?!


On the weight loss:

I started my doctor supervised diet on Jan 28th.  As of Thursday morning, I've lost 20 pounds!  Hopefully the pounds will keep coming off so that I can reach my goal.  I'm learning how to change my eating habits.  I even got to eat a deli sandwich last week (half a Reuben sandwich was only 420 calories).  That was the first time I've gotten to 'eat out' since I started my diet.  I'm planning on a Chick-fil-a Grilled Chicken sandwich for supper tonight (only 320 calories).  I've even found a frozen pizza that I can eat when hubby and son eat their pizza.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! And congrats on the weight loss. Sounds like you found a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your HP blocks. Congrats on your weight loss. It's exciting to be able to eat out. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new HP blocks - especially the Book of Monsters! Kudos for all the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foundation Piecing!!! No wonder these blocks take forever!!! I can only do a little at a time... or in a year.... because it is to tedious. Good job on the weight loss. I hit a plateau... just as we moved out here... and then foot problems have plagued me since moving out here... so not as much on my feet and moving as before. Of course I still like to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job on your diet. beautiful flowers great mind think a like.. hary potter blocks are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise to come home to flowers! You are making wonderful progress on your 2 quilts & marvelous progress on your weightloss. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun blocks. Congrats on weight loss. Your flowers are beautiful. Welcoming Spring for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny that you chose such similar flowers! Great job on the weight loss! I'm -25lbs since mid-Jan. I'm very much with you: I've been thinking about a chick-fil-a sandwich for a couple weeks now. Might have to happen soon. Weekends--Sundays mostly--I relax but lately it's like 3 steps forward and 2.5 steps back but at least the overall is in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blocks are just so cool! this is going to be a great quilt! So sweet that you both sent flowers. and Holee cow - Congrats on your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very complex blocks... advance level for sure! Great job! Loved the best friends story :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).