Saturday, January 22, 2022

Some quick finishes

I made some project bags last week.  One was for a friend's birthday.  It matches the pin cushion thread catcher she got at our large quilt guild's December Pin Cushion exchange (she picked the one I made).

Marilyn's project bag

rotary cutter zipper pull

I also made 2 more project bags using pre-quilted backs that I got at one of the Michigan TOGA's (I think Gina stitched them).  They were 1/2 inch too short, so I just cut the whole project bags down by half an inch.  These will go on the raffle tables at the Texarkana & Missouri TOGA's later this year.  I decided to put the 'white' part on the inside, since you won't be able to see the inside of the project bag when it has projects in it.  




I also put the apron and 2 of the pin cushion thread catchers in the mail yesterday.  I did remember to take photos of the pin cushion thread catchers this time.  These look just like the ones that were given away in December (when I forgot to take photos then).  The one on the left is the same as the one that Marilyn got in our guild's pin cushion exchange.  If  you want to make a Pin Cushion Thread Catcher, I have a tutorial here.


I found more striped fabrics that I'd pulled out when I started the Striped Circle quilt.  I may have enough to make backings for both quilt tops, and enough to add to the 2nd quilt top to make it larger.  

For those that are keeping up with my 1913 Willcox & Gibbs treadle pony ride, the machine is moving from Flagstaff, Arizona to Albuquerque, New Mexico today.  I'm working on options for getting it the rest of the way to me.  Hopefully I'll know something later this week.



6 comments:

  1. One of these days I should make myself a new Pin Cushion Thread Catcher - thanks for the tutorial. Your project bags are always cute. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never manage to make use of the thread catcher!!! The floor is some much easier to hit!!! I have to vacuum more... but I do try for the trash receptacle... which is right there too. How is the puppy coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects. You've been busy stitching away.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are no-reply, so I can't reply privately. Thanks for reading my blog.

      Delete
  4. Love the project bags. The prequilted backs are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).