Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Radiant Suns

 My Treadle On group is having an advanced block exchange using the Radiant Suns pattern.


I finished all 48 blocks on Sunday.  I can't show all of the blocks because my design wall isn't large enough, but you can get the idea from the photo.  There are 48 blocks total.  The colors didn't come out very well in the photo.

my blocks that fit on my design wall

some of the blocks up close

Since the block exchange is with Treadle On, the blocks have to be made on either a treadle or a hand crank.  I used my 1927 Singer 15 hand crank to make my blocks.

stitching one of the blocks

1927 Singer 15 hand crank (at the MO TOGA)

I'm out of state, helping my mother after her knee replacement surgery, so I haven't been getting as much done as usual.  I made these blocks in just a few days (a few hours here, a few hours there..).  String piecing them made it much easier, as did using batiks, since the bias edge doesn't stretch as easily with batiks.  Curved piecing wasn't has hard as I thought it would be.  I just stitched slowly, and everything worked out well.

I still have to make signature blocks to go with each of the 48 blocks, but my scraps of batiks are at home, so that will have to wait.


3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that is going to be so really cool!!!!Kindof has a modern painting type feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat blocks! I'm going to love this quilt! I hope your mom is doing well. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you mastered those curves!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).