Monday, July 4, 2022

Notebook Cover

One of the demo's from the Missouri TOGA was a notebook cover.  The pattern was Scrap Lab Notebook Cover from allpeoplequilt (free pattern).


I fussy cut some of my sewing themed fabrics for this notebook before I left home.  I think it turned out cute.

front, showing front pocket

I decided that the inside pockets could be the same, instead of different (like the pattern).  It sure saved fabric doing it my way.

front inside pocket

back inside pocket

Dorise told us how to add a piece of elastic to hold the notebook closed, if we wished to.  I added the elastic.  The elastic folds over the front, but when it isn't in use, it folds over the back, where it isn't seen.

elastic on the back of the notebook

If I were to make this again, I'd leave the batting out of it.  It makes it hard to sew thru all of the layers, and also to get the corners to turn nicely.  If I want it stiff, I'd just add some stiff fusible to the back of the cover.  

I'll be taking this to the hospital tomorrow, in case I need to take notes after mom's surgery. 


5 comments:

  1. Cute cover! Hoping all goes well for your mom tomorrow. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out super cute! Good idea on taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cover turned out very cute. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I hope you don't need to use any of the paper and that alls goes well with the surgery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun sewing theme you chose for the notebook cover. I hope your mom's surgery went well and she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).