Friday, July 22, 2022

A Quick Finish!

I needed to make a baby quilt.  I didn't have time to figure anything out for it before I left home, so I went to a local quilt store in Texas and found a panel and some coordinating fabrics.  They didn't have enough coordinating fabrics, so I headed to the Hobby Lobby a few doors down and found a few more fabrics.  The quilt top is finished, waiting for me to go home and quilt it (it's hard to quilt something larger than a placemat on a hand crank sewing machine).  

finished quilt top

up close of the center panel

cute little bee's in the panel

fabrics I found to use with the panel

fabrics I will use for Faux piping binding

I have enough fabric left to make another baby quilt, if I go get another panel.  I do need more of the pink swirls (above) to make faux piping binding for the baby quilts.  I'll get both of those later today.  I bought a light pink minkee for the back of the baby quilt.  Once I get back home, it shouldn't take me very long to get this quilted.  

7 comments:

  1. Love the little lambs on this one--what a great job you did on such short notice--it's lovely nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun panel, and you made a great use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute and bright!!! Life on the farm is busy and hot!!! Glad things are going well enough for you that you have time to shop and sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute!!! and the lambs!!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how much of that is the panel. It sure is cute and well coordinated with the colors and prints. Some baby is going to enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).