Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Missouri TOGA 2022 (and a WIN)!

 The Missouri TOGA was this past weekend.  What fun!  TOGA (Treadle On Gathering & Academy).  We played with vintage sewing machines, had demo's and classes, learned new things, hospital (for sewing machines), had a sewing kit exchange, show-n-tell, raffle table, raffle quilt and yummy food & friends (old and new)!  This was the 5th Missouri TOGA, and I've been to all 5 so far.

some of the ladies who attended

Friday's dinner

some of the sewing kits exchanged

some of the sewing kits exchanged

me teaching mitered borders

one of the demo's

Dorise teaching project bags out of placemats

one of our games & demo's

Sarah cutting out her rotary cutting kit

working on projects

Barb leading the 'Name Game'

game time

game time


We also had Show-N-Tell.  Here are a few.

Missy's antique quilt

Barb's quilt top (front)

Barb's backing for her quilt top

Esther's quilt

Hannah's quilt

Esther's quilt

Hannah's quilt

backing for Hannah's quilt

Esther's quilt

Hannah's table runner





Sharon showing off newspaper patterns her mother collected


Scott's grandmother's quilt

JoAnn's flag

music bags Abigail made for her sisters


I mentioned food.  Amber made the lunch for Friday and Saturday (YUM!).


Saturday's lunch

Amber getting lunch ready

Hucklebucks BBQ Saturday night

B'Ann, Missy & Me at the festival in Ava Friday night

I mentioned demo's and classes.  Sarah participated (youngest Togateer).
rotary cutting kit

project bag

There were other demo's and classes, but I don't have photos for them.  I taught the rotary cutting kits, mitered borders and paper piecing.  Dorise taught project bags from placemats and notebook covers. JoAnn gave a demo on EQ8.  We also had demo's on how to use some of the specialty feet for our machines.

There was a table raffle and a quilt raffle.  I won the quilt raffle!!!!
our T-Shirts matched the raffle quilt

2 pillowcases to go with the raffle quilt


I'll be sewing from my mother's dining room for the next several weeks, as I will be in Texas, taking care of her and my step-father after mom's knee replacement surgery.  I'll be missing hubby and my puppies (who will be staying home).  I have several projects to work on in Texas, both by machine (Radiant Suns, Omigosh!, etc) and hand (Angels Among Us).  We'll see how much I get done between cooking, doctor's appts & mom's rehab appts.

8 comments:

  1. Great pictures. All the quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spending toga with you every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like great fun!!! Congrats on winning the quilt raffle - that's a neat quilt. Good luck being a caregiver - I hope it all goes well. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning the quilt raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exhausted!!! Just reading this and all your preparation... Your folks are lucky to have you come and stay and help with the recovery. Having been the primary help through 2 (hubs)… I really happy that we only have 2 knees each. That is a nice quilt to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful toga! I loved seeing the activities and projects, and how wonderful to have young people participating! Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on winning the quilt is is beautiful looks like a great time everyone had. it is great that you can go help your mom after surgery. hopefully you will get some sewing done too. .

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fun time!
    Hope your Mom recovers fast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).