Sunday, June 19, 2022

Prairie Fest Quilt Show 2022

Every year the Quilter's Dozen hand quilting group has a quilt show during Prairie Fest.  I usually go to the quilt show just before I drive in the parade (I drive hubby's Barbershop chorus).  This is a nice, but small quilt show.  I took several photos for you (sorry for the angles, but it's a small space).

I know several of the ladies in this group, and some of the quilts are from ladies in my little quilt guild.  I missed out on entering a quilt this year, since I had to work the day we had to bring the quilts in (not my usual day to work, but I had to switch days so that I could get in to the dentist for temporary caps).

These two quilts are the first ones you see when you enter.  The top quilt is an antique quilt with embroidered state flowers.

embroidered state flowers


Since the space is small, they can only hang a few quilts.  The rest are draped over chairs on the sides, or over small quilt racks.

Birds

Puppies

nice technique with the cutting

This quilt was made for her mother with her father's shirts.  

Father's shirts



This next quilt remined me of the Modern TOBE (Treadle On Block Exchange) that I participated in several years ago.  I love the fun prints that she used as the background fabrics.


fun background fabrics

Here are more of the quilts.



two different quilts


reminds me of the striped circle quilts I made


I made a mouse pin cushion for an exchange last year.  There was one like it at the quilt show.






This next one, Blue Onion, is similar to the Radiant Suns quilt that I'm making as a block exchange with my Treadle On group.



This next quilt was a fund raiser that the maker's mother participated in with her Sunday School class.  Her grandfather was the highest bidder, so they got the quilt.

all blocks are signed

This next quilt was found in an old trunk on their farm.  It has the date of 1891 embroidered on it.

crazy quilt

More quilts.






I wanted to show some of the hand quilting on this next quilt.  LOTS of hand quilting!


up close of the hand quilting

I'm showing this last one since I'll be teaching how to miter borders at the Missouri TOGA later this week.  It has mitered borders inside of mitered borders.



I've been prepping stuff for the Missouri TOGA and for my trip to Texas, where I'll help my mother after her knee replacement surgery.

I finished 3 more Sewing kits (one is for the Missouri TOGA Sewing Kit Exchange).

3 more sewing kits finished

These all have the same things inside that the previous one had (like the photos below) in matching fabrics.





Everyone is supposed to make a house block for the Missouri TOGA's raffle quilt for 2023.  We are also supposed to make a tree block.  I got the idea for my house block from this book.


my house block

my tree block

I prepped a new hand project to work on when I'm in Texas (waiting on mom while she is in rehab etc).  This is the Angels Among Us Calendar quilt.  These are all ready for the hand embroidery.

January thru June

July thru December

I ordered the buttons that go with this quilt.  Hopefully they will be here Tuesday.  We'll see.  I ordered a quilty gift for a friends birthday, but they lost the order.  Even after I called them, it took them days to get it in the mail, then it arrived shattered (they did a lousy job of packing it).  They were supposed to send me a new one, but I haven't heard back from them (again) since I told them about it being shattered.  I'm not hopeful, but I'm not ready to contact the BBB yet.  I'll give them a few more days, and call them again to see if they will honor the order.  I did get photos of the broken items.  It's sad, because this quilt shop was recommended to me.  Unless they come thru, I won't be recommending them.


6 comments:

  1. I have an autistic grandson who'd love the puppy dog quilt! Do you know the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't reply, since you are a no-reply commentor, but I found the pattern. It is Dog Park Quilt from Urban Elements https://www.urbanelementz.com/patterns-books/patterns-applique/dog-park-quilt-applique-pattern.html that is the link to the pattern. The maker wrote that she did her own take on it.

      Delete
  2. great quilts from the show. love your house block looks like a log cabin. our quilt show in Neoga guild is this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many awesome quilts for a small quilt show. I love your sewing kits, and your take along project is beautiful. Have a safe trip to TOGA MO and hope your mom's surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice show. Too bad they don't have a larger space to show of all the quilts. You always have something interesting in progress, I love that calendar quilt so far. I was thinking of you when facebook had put up the sewing machine day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...so many beautiful quilts. How cool to find that old quilt and know the date.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).