Saturday, October 14, 2023

Friendship Star block exchange

I love to participate in the Treadle On Block Exchanges (TOBE's).  Blocks for these exchanges must be made on a 'people powered' sewing machine (either a hand crank or a treadle).  This is the last exchange I'll be participating in this year.

For this exchange, we are making 9 inch Friendship Star blocks. This block comes in 3 sizes and is a free block online

Our blocks are using bright white, either solid or white on white as the background, and brights, either solid or tiny prints for the 'star' parts, with the centers white so that we can sign the center blocks.  (I still need to sign my blocks).

Each set of blocks was made on a different machine.  Having the booth at the Faithful Circle quilt show really helped, since I had to pull all the machines out.  I worked on 3 sets at the quilt show, and made the 4th set on the machine that is always set up in my sewing room.

1921 Singer 66-1 Red Eye decal hand crank

1923 Singer 128 La Vincedora decals

made on machine below


1914 Singer 66 Lotus decals

1927 Singer 15 Tiffany/Gingerbread decals

Sorry, I put the 1914 Singer 66 away before I remembered to take photos.  

Now to sign these and mail them off.  

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea, having a space to be able to sign the squares. Nice bright colors, happy colors; as they make me think of summer which I much prefer over cold fall. Also fun to see which machines you made each square on.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I have dreams of owning a treadle machine... some day. Of course, right now I don't have a place for it. Hmmmm... I'd love to have you join the Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, great machines, great gal!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).