Thursday, December 14, 2023

Mystery Clues, etc.

First, all three packages arrived quickly.  The one to Alaska even arrived a day early.  I'll be mailing with FedEx from now on.  

I've been keeping up with the Bonnie Hunter mystery clues.  I finished Clue #2.


 

Clue #3 is done, except for trimming them, then tearing the papers out.  I'm doing all the clues the paper piecing method.  It makes it easier for me to sit with family and watch Christmas movies in the evening, and still work on the clues.  LOTS of folding, trimming, pinning and tearing papers out.  

I ran some errands this afternoon, and I had a surprise when I got home.  I got Christmas flowers from my best friend.  Thanks Michele!


I've been watching a lot of Christmas movies on YouTube this past week.  One of the is called The Fabric of Christmas.  It has a vintage sewing machine in it, but it only shows it from the back and the side.  I can't identify the model.  The machine shows up at minute 32:16.  The movie is cute, but there is no way a beginner could make the quilt that they show.  At least they do talk about 1/4" seams and even have a trip to a quilt shop in the movie.  I've never seen a Christmas movie about quilting before.

Time to go get supper started so that we can watch another Christmas movie, and I can work on the last of clue #3.


4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying Bonnie's Mystery quilt by watching what you are doing. Love your fabric choices so far. So glad your packages have arrived. We have one left to arrive Saturday and it still appears to be on time with UPS. Enjoy your movies! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your packages arrived. Yay FEDEX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're keeping busy and having fun doing so with your quilting and movie watching. What a nice surprise flowers from a friend, very pretty. Your trees on your red and white quilt are lovely as well. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Traveling Suitcase

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched the show last night... thanks so much for the recommendation - it was light and fun and entertaining from the quilting point of view :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).