Thursday, December 21, 2023

Christmas Traditions, Mystery Clues & White 764

I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's Indigo Way Mystery quilt along.  I've finished clue's #1-3, and I just need to tear the papers out of the back of clue #4.  I'm doing all of my blocks in the paper piece method.  Here are photos of clue #3.

clue #3, sets of 4

clue #3 sets of 6

And here are photos of clue #4.  I'll get the papers torn off the back this evening while I watch more movies.

clue #4

clue #4

I know I haven't done one of Bonnie's mysteries before, but I've printed them out.  I don't remember there being this many blocks each week before.  These take a long time to make.  We still haven't used any 'Indigo' fabrics yet.  Maybe when she releases the next clue tomorrow morning.  We'll see.

In my last blog post, I mentioned a mystery vintage sewing machine in the movie A Fabric Christmas.  Well, I've found out what that machine is.  It's a 1960's White 764.  It gets great reviews for the stitches that it does.  It's a pretty machine.

My family has few traditions for Christmas.  Way back when I was in High School, my family, and another family would go out for Chinese food after our church's Silent Christmas Eve service.  After I was married, and we moved away from Texas, my new family would continue this tradition.  Many years we've had other families join us. We've now been in Illinois for 20 years, and we'll be going to Noodles Pho U for Chinese food Christmas Eve night.  We even ate Chinese last year, when we were in Alaska with all the grandkids.  

What are some of your families Christmas traditions?



4 comments:

  1. I've done a couple of Bonnie's mysteries - both had many little blocks. I think I only made half of the blocks on one because I was busy - I ended up with a nice TV quilt. Until the pandemic, we always had a large group for a fondue dinner on Christmas Day. We are finally bringing the tradition back this year but on Christmas Eve with just family. Merry Christmas! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pieces...on we go!! I usually make a big dinner, but this year, I work all the holidays...so maybe just some pies??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and delicious tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Christmas Eve we always watch Christmas Vacation in our pjs. We've varied the meal over the years but lately we've kinda settled on Italian Beef Sandwiches because they're so easy and so yummy! Then we have a very formal meal on Christmas Day--usually prime rib and Yorkshire pudding but this year we're trying Beef Wellington.
    Good luck on your mystery quilt. And merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).