Friday, October 18, 2024

Prairie Star Quilt Show Part 1

I took lots of photos at the Prairie Star Quilt Show today.  There are well over 200 members of this quilt guild, so they have LOTS of talented quilters.  I'll split this quilt show into more than one blog post.

I started with the Bee challenge/exchange quilts.  I'm in a brand new Bee, so I was interested in what kinds of challenges or exchanges we might want to try.

It will be easier to show the description of this Bee Round Robin with a photo of the description (I'm too lazy to type all that up).  The last quilt I show reminded me of Barbara's (Cat Patches) Beach Bums quilt that she has been working on.








Another Bee only has 3 members, and they challenged each other to make a quilt using 1930's reproduction fabrics.




This quilter's husband wanted a robot quilt.  She told him that he had to design the pattern.  I think it's cute!


More quilts...





This one isn't a pieced quilt, it's a vintage table cloth that she quilted.  



up close of one of the blocks

I loved how this quilt started.  Here is her description:

This began as a free packet for one hexie from the Paducah show.  Began in April 2008 and finished in August 2023. It has 4,124 hexies and took 15 years.

I got one of those free hexie packets at a quilt show this past month.  I've received many of those packets over the years.


I loved the 3D flowers on this quilt.


Here is the story on this next quilt...



More quilts...











I'll leave the rest of the quilts for another blog post.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All the quilts are fantastic. I do love the Round Robins - it's so fun to see all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland!! That must have been quite the show, such a variety of quilts. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).