Friday, October 18, 2024

Quilt Show last weekend

I know, I've been missing for months.  Once you get behind, it's hard to figure out where to start blogging again.  I decided that I'd start with the quilt show I went to last weekend.  It's the Morris (IL) Quilt Guild's show.  It's a small show, but always a good show.

This cute lady greeted us as we arrived.


I've been wanting to make a duffle bag for a couple of years now.  This lady made 2 matching duffle bags in 2 different sizes.



The guild had a challenge.  People were supposed to finish or repurpose an old quilt.  One lady made the jacket from a quilt that was in bad shape (some of the fabric pieces are missing) and another lady finished a quilt top she found and quilted it.



The rest of the quilts are ones that caught my eye.







I can't resist sewing machines, even if they are plastic machines (not vintage;).







I love Churn Dash quilts.







I can't imagine making this quilt.  It is stunning!







I'm heading out to another quilt show this morning.  Maybe I'll take some photos at that quilt show, too.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, Wow, and WOW!!! They're all gorgeous, but my favorite is the quilt with all the cute little old style campers. Nice share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing. I hope today's show was also good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, such talent! You provided me with some real sweet eye candy to go with my coffee this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you call the method of putting pictures over the top of a quilt? Like in the quilt with the pastel flowers and churn dash blocks. I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this my MOTOGA Hannah? I don't have an email address for you (you are no reply :( That quilt is just applique over a pieced quilt top. I thought it was a pretty quilt, too.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is! I like the idea. When I saw it, I though of a quilt idea that I want to make. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
    3. You are welcome. Have your mother send me your email address, and I will be able to reply directly to you in the future.

      Delete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).