Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Purses!

Last week was crazy busy, so, it took me much longer than it should have, to make the 4 purses.  I finished them yesterday.  I do still want to add some zipper pulls, but, I need to get the hardware to attach them.



made with pre-quilted fabric

The pocket disappears on this bag.


Here are some of the zipper pulls I want to add.


Now I have 2 other purses/bags to finish.  One, I'm making changes to the pattern, so, lots of 'thinking' involved.  I'm trying to add a zipper, where the original pattern leaves the bag 'open', not closed.  The first try won't work, so, I ripped it out, and will try again, with different size pieces, and a much larger zipper (to leave room to stitch it to the bag).  Frustration!

pattern I'm trying to alter


When that one is done, then I need to cut out the fabrics for this purse.

I want to make me one, too, but, I haven't quilted the fabric for mine, yet.  I ran out of fusible fleece.  I have a coupon for 60% off at JoAnn's, that isn't good till Thursday.  I guess I'll be at JoAnn's this weekend.  The top 2 patterns use the fusible fleece, and the bottom purses call for pre-quilted fabrics.  Since the backing fabric won't ever been seen, I decided to try it with fusible fleece, instead of wasting a whole yard of fabric that won't ever be seen. 

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful purses! I find making purses takes me longer than anybody. I could make a quilt in that time. The colors, fabrics, and designs are terrific! A friend of mine, who makes acres of purses, told me to try Shape Flex by Pellon. It adds shape, but not stiffness. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love them all. Great colors and the purses look so functional. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! I want to make a Bible tote just big enough to carry my Bible, prayer journal, and agenda, which means I will need to figure out the pattern. Maybe I will have time this summer to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...love them all. Your zipper pulls are fun too. Please share how you are adding zipper to the open tote. I have added zippers and never been happy with how they turn out....and usually rip them out. I much prefer a zipper than button or snap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished purses are great! People are going to love them. Can't wait to see what you are doing to the next ones - whenever I have thinking involved, the outcome is iffy! 😊 ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. THose are very nice purses. Cute Zipper pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bags! This blog might give you some ideas on how to get your zipper inserted: http://so-sew-easy.com/sew-a-recessed-zipper-on-a-bag/ I know there is related method that encloses the zipper so that the top of the bag is totally closed but I haven't found the link, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your purses are beautiful. You are such a sweetheart to make them for your friends. Those pulls are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is the first of 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIESkqC3bI

    See her video list here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SewingWhiz/videos

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are beautiful, I kept going back and forth from the elephants to the blue one trying to decide which was my favorite, it's a tie. I really love the elephant pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Cheryl, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must love elephants...
    I love your purses. I've got a pattern for a bag here. Guess it would be a good idea to make it up for Christmas gifts for my girls. (I always try to give the same thing to everybody and that way I remember who got what, and when.)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. The finished purses look great! Good luck with your next batch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am working on purses/totes too! I love the pattern you are using... or should I say, altering! I would like to hear how you do as I am working on a similar one...and altering it also to put a zipper closure on top!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).