Thursday, March 16, 2017

Book Review

I was sent this book, to review, from Bethany House publications. 


This is the 5th in a series of mysteries.  The Drew Fathering Mysteries, by Julianna Deering.  The author is a 5th generation Texan (I'm a 4th generation Texan, I'm just misplaced at the moment).

I love books set in another time.  Her books are all set in the 1930's.  This book is set in England, on the Yorkshire moors.  I've always loved reading about different places in England (what a romantic country). 

The book is full of twists and turns.  You won't guess 'who dun-it' until the end.  The characters are interesting, and, we keep getting introduced to new characters till almost the end of the book.  There is murder, romance, and tragedy. 

This was a well written book, even the 'language' fit the 'era' and 'location'.  Now I want to get the first 4 books in the series. 


9 comments:

  1. I adore 'who dun-it' storys! Bethany's a quality publisher, so I'm not surprised it's a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you think you are misplaced... I believe ou are in IL to bring some southern charm to the northland.
    I love books of different times and Gt. Britton, too. That's why the Outlander Series was so much fun to read.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH...sounds good. Will look for them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh oh. Sounds like you are hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to read a good series. You get attached to the characters.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the book tip. I also enjoy reading mysteries and stories in England which is on my bucket list. I am going to check out the first book in this series at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read that author but I have enjoyed many Anne Perry mysteries that also take place is Victorian England. She is a very good writer and has several series going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just picked up the first book in this series and am enjoying it so much! Will read the others after this one is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sounds like a wonderful series. I will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).